25.4.12

LONDON: RONE x TOM FRENCH

UPDATE 28/04/2012
artbleat managed three London shows on Thursday night, starting off with an early preview of the Zero Cool, Rone X Tom French show. The skull work from Tom didn't disappoint, I love the way the close up image of the (to me) out of love couple, transforms into the skull as you back away from the work.
Any old punks reading this should know "All is Vanity" by C.Allen Gilbert so this idea is not new, but Tom brings it up to date with a more urban and slightly more horrific feel.
I did take more photos of Tom's work and the Rone paint on collage pieces, but due to a serious malfunction with the state of the art artbleat camera (err..I dropped it) I only have these two iphone snaps to bring you. So another visit is on the cards next week. The show is only open until May 1st so you better get your skates on if you want to catch it.
    


There seems to be a bucket full of preview shows on in London on Thursday evening, this one in London Bridge interests me, I must admit I don't know much about Rone but am happy to be enlightened.

Tom French however I do know from his picture inside a picture skulls, so I'm looking forward to seeing some new ones. 
This show is titled Don't Look Back.

Photos to follow if I make it down.
More info on the Show at ZeroCool HERE    

No comments: